Are you facing a problem falling asleep or sleeping fast? Don’t worry; we are here to help you sleep faster. Like you, I too had faced the same issue. So I decided to find how to fall asleep fast. Here is what helped me and you can do to sleep soundly. But before you know how to sleep fast, let us first understand why the body requires sleep.
Sleep is not the only requirement of the body. What the body requires is rest, and sleep is one of its forms. You can give rest to your body by just sitting or standing somewhere.
Suppose you are running, and you got tired after a few minutes, you decide to stop to stand or sit, doesn’t it feel like rest?
When you are resting, you are allowing the universe to change the energy equation. Where consumption lowers, production remains at the same level, and it makes you feel rejuvenated because consumption has been reduced.
In the same way, if you are on any acute activity, you feel exhausted. And whatever you are in, is not enough because the consumption is more.
In addition to this, there are many ways of resting. Look down to know the absolute best strategies that can improve the nature of your sleep and make you nod off in 10, 60, or 120 seconds.
Tips on How to Sleep Fast
The Military Method
Lloyd Bud Winter (Author) was the first one to introduce the military method covered in his book-Relax and Win: Championship Performance. This book can tell you how to sleep fast and better which can even cure insomnia.
Apart from this, one of the books reads that the method was developed during World War 2. And to make it possible for Union State pilots to fall asleep in 2 minutes in any less-than-ideal situations.
How the Military Method works
- Relax the muscles of your face, including the mouth.
- Release the stress by dropping your shoulders and put your hands aside from your body to relax your arms.
- Please take a deep breath and release it (by moving your chest) to relax your torso.
- Relax your legs, including thighs and calves.
- The next step is to think of any relaxing scene to clear your mind. If the action doesn’t work, try saying “don’t think” and repeat it for seconds.
Instructions to sleep in 60 seconds: 4-7-8 breathing strategy
Another point on sleeping strategy includes meditation and the visualization process. To get the optimum results, you need to combine them.
- Allow your lips to part a little and make a whistling sound while exhaling through your mouth.
- Close your lips and inhaling through your nose to the count of 4.
- The next step is to hold your breath for 7 seconds.
- Exhale, by making a whistling sound and continue it for 8 seconds.
- Don’t be too observant at the end of each round. Try to put this method into practice unconsciously.
- Do the four rounds of it. If you feel relaxed, allow your body to sleep in the mid of the 4-7-8 breathing cycle.
Note: If you have respiratory problems like asthma or COPD, consider consulting your doctor before applying this method.
Share this post to help your close ones sleep better.
Progressive Muscle Relaxation (PMR)
The next method is Progressive Muscle Relaxation or deep muscle relaxation. It is an anxiety reduction technique that helps in relaxing the body and mind.
By following this method, you can differentiate between how a relaxed muscle feels from a tensed muscle. PMR is also useful in treating insomnia.
How the PMR method works
- Lift your eyebrows as high as possible, and continue doing it for 5 seconds. To tighten your forehead muscles.
- Relax your muscles immediately to release tension. Hang around for 10 seconds.
- Smile. Broaden it to give stress to your cheeks. Wait for 5 seconds, and then relax.
- Pause 10 seconds.
- Look sideways by putting down your eyelid. You can do it for 5 seconds and then Relax.
- The next step is to take a break for 10 seconds.
- After that, Make yourself comfortable and try looking at the ceiling by tilting back your head. Wait for 5 seconds, and then relax your neck into the pillow,
- Take another break of 10 seconds.
- Move down the rest of your body.
- Allow yourself to sleep; if you still feel stress, take one or two deep breaths and allow your mind to relax.
How to fall asleep in 120 Seconds
If the methods as mentioned earlier on how to sleep fast, didn’t work for you, then try the below-mentioned techniques.
1. Notify yourself to stay awake
This technique is also known as paradoxical intention. In this method, you have to tell your mind to stay awake. Trying hard to sleep may enhance your anxiety level. Research on paradoxical intention reads people who practiced this technique tend to sleep faster than people who didn’t. Also, you can try this hack whenever you feel stress and wants to sleep quickly.
2. Visualize a peaceful place
If you feel distracted by counting tricks, engage yourself in imagining a cool place. In one of the research from the University of Oxford, researchers found that any person who keeps them engage in visualizing peaceful images – waterfall images, the sounds of echo, etc. tends to sleep faster.
Acupressure for Sleep
In addition to the guide on how to sleep fast—if the techniques mentioned above don’t work, give a try to acupressure. Also, people dealing with insomnia can try out these acupressure tricks; this will help you improve the quality of your sleep and make you fall asleep.
Here are some of the methods that you can do while lying on a couch.
1. Spirit gate
- Find the point that lies under your palm, towards the little finger side.
- Delicately apply pressure in a circular motion. Apply the pressure for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Then, by giving gentle pressure, press the left side of the point and then grip the right side.
- Now, repeat the process to your other hand.
Please share the post on all your social media accounts and let people know how to sleep fast better and soundly.
2. Inner Frontier Gate
- Take the three fingers and place them on your other hand’s wrist crease.
- With the help of your thumb, give a steady pressure that connects the two muscles.
- Press the point in a circular motion, until you sense some relaxation in your muscles.
3. Wind Pool
People who have migraines can also try this acupressure as it will help you feel relax.
- Join your hand to interlock your fingers.
- Place your thumb at the bottom of your skull where the neck and the head are connected.
- Apply deep pressure to the point in a circular motion.
Take deep breaths while doing this process, and feel the relaxation in your body.
If you are unable to sleep at night, try out the guide on how to sleep faster and better. Start with the very first method, practice it daily, and you will see the change very fast. All the methods and tips mentioned in the post can cure your Insomnia as well. But, it is advised to consult a doctor once before trying any of the tips.
Want to add more points? Write to us and we would be happy to add it to the post.